Thursday, September 10, 2009

Can dreams come true - and can I stop feeling guilty about that?

I've done it - I've sold my house, emancipated my ex from Child support and have bought my dream house - all 428 square feet of it - a floating house in Victoria...It's ideal - it's small - it feels like my cottage - and is therefore nicknamed The Boat House.
The community is delightful - likeminded, same-aged women and men - eager to help but sensitive enough to allow privacy - I'm at home already.
It is oddly liberating to rid myself of accumulated stuff - and there's lots of it - some to a daughter making her first home, some to another daughter who will inheirit hosting the special holiday celebrations along with the large dining table and chairs, and some to the less fortunate - who will be warmly and well dressed this winter. We don't need much - we have too much - I feel pounds lighter and can't stop smiling.
:)

No comments: